MTM Day 3: REVIEW of Caged by Marian Tee


 
We're now on our third day of Marian Tee Mania, and we're going to be reviewing the last installment of the How Not to be Seduced by Billionaires series, "Caged". We'll be wrapping up Constantijin Kastein and Yanna Everleigh's office romance, but don't worry because this won't be the last time we see of them *cue confetti cannon*. 

Title: Caged (How Not to be Seduced by Billionaires #3)
Author: Marian Tee
Genre: Romance, Contemporary
 
SYNOPSIS:
My name is Yanna Everleigh. I used to think asking for a courtship would be enough to keep gorgeous, sexy billionaires away - well, at least the kind who didn't do love. But I was wrong. If anything, it only made my billionaire realize I can hurt him, too, and now we're apart.
 
His name is Constantijin Kastein. He blows hot and cold, wanting me by his side all the time but never hesitating to walk away when I get too close to his heart. He makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time, wondering if the next best thing to love should be good enough for me. But he's also Netherlands' #1 playboy and I'm that one woman he's asked to moved in with him. I need to show him he doesn't need a cage to keep me his.
 
Maybe if I tell him first that I love him - maybe if I pretend that I don't see the coldness in his eyes when we talk about that word - pretend that I don't feel him putting distance between us when I ask for something he's not yet ready to give - maybe he'll finally realize that he doesn't have to seduce a woman who loves him. He just has to love her back.
 
Or not.
 
REVIEW:
This the last part of the HNTBSBB trilogy, and let me just say that this is the most intense one among the three. You'll laugh more, swoon more, and also cry more (with a slight chance of hyperventilating). 
 
We left the last book with Yanna (not) crashing a swanky gala with Drake alongside her just so she can talk to Constantijin. The last scene was Yanna bumping into a waiter, causing a small (but noisy) accident. Constantijin saw her -- with Drake, and that made him walk away. Yanna followed him, and Drake wished him luck. 
 
So what happens in Caged?
 
TO LOVE:
First off, she pops her cherry. Yay!!! (a round of applause everybody). After being sent to jail with one major gold-digging, venom-spewing beyotch (you need to read the book to know what caused it), Yanna finally gets reunited with C-man. Their emotions were on haywire, and for the first time ever, they made love. This then triggered more steamy scenes, which I am completely NOT complaining about.
 
I loved how they tried to be a normal domestic couple, who tries (not too hard) to hide their relationship from their co-workers. Though there are a few who knows, others are still pretty dumbfounded when Constantijin publicly announced who his girlfriend is. It's a pretty interesting scene. 
 
And even though I curse Marian Tee for giving me frog eyes every time I finish reading her books, I still love the fact that she CAN make me cry that much. This story holds such heartache that my heart beats so fast because I get so nervous as to what would happen between the lead characters. I've read this book 4 times (yes, I counted) and so far, I still cry even though I already know what would happen.
 
I also adored Drake all the more when he proposed that Yanna chooses him instead. I mean, how awesome is that? It didn't work out though, which is for the best. 
 
And last but most definitely not the least, I loved the dialogue. As usual. Especially those that came from our leading man. They were so heartbreaking-ly raw that you just HAVE to cry. It's like you'll break down with him, you know? (if you haven't read the book yet, then of course you wouldn't know *death glare*)
 
TO BLEH: 
I really didn't have any bleh moments while reading this book, it was more of an I-have-no-idea-what-that-meant moment. It was when our lovely couple came home from grocery shopping. Actually it was the day after, when Yanna talked to Constantijin's mother on the phone. Yanna ranted about her son's ridiculous requests the night before, then Mrs. Kastein, or Marge as she so likes to be called, told her a short story. I was SO confused by this conversation that in the 4 times that I've read this book, I still didn't get it! I think it could just be me. So Ms. Marian Tee, if by any chance you're reading this, I would love an explanation if you can spare the time. Thank You! 

SUMMARY:
So that wraps it up, and like the 2 preceding books this gets a "TO-READ" stamp. This is a great series guys, I strongly recommend that you read it. 
 
So for Day 4, we'll be riding the insane love story of Staffan Aerenthal and Saffi March on When Fangirls Lie. Do stay tuned for that. 
 
I hope you guys had fun, and feel free to let me know what you think about this in the comments below. 

 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.