Remembering Paul Walker #AtoZChallenge

As I'm writing this, I have the song See You Again by Wiz Khalifa feat. Charlie Puth playing on repeat. The song itself has the power to tear me up, add in the music video and I'm just a mess.

No, I didn't know Paul Walker personally. I'm simply a fan of his. I've been a fan of the Fast & Furious franchise since it first came out, and I've been following it ever since.

Truth be told, when I was younger I just saw Paul as "the good looking guy with piercing blue eyes from Fast & Furious". But through time I found out how amazing of a person he is. He has been a great friend to his co-workers, a brother to his best friends, and a hero to the people he's helped.

I remember thinking, "Paul is not that famous since he's not seen in public aside from when a new FF movie is out." I was still an immature and know-it-all teenager so it was a pretty fair assumption at the time. Then one day I saw a video of him helping kids in struggling places. I heard him talk about how painful it was to see their situation and how he wishes that he's doing something remarkable for them. That was when I realized that he was more than an actor.

Why am I writing about him? For the past couple of days I've been thinking about the reality of someone passing in showbiz. You're in the middle of a project with the people you call your family, then WHAM, you're gone. What happens to the people you left? The commitments you've made?

These thoughts inspired me to write a book. I don't know if I'm actually going to go through with it, because truth be told I've started countless novels and finished none.

I just thought this would be interesting and I wanted to share it with everyone.

 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.