GUEST POST by Floryie of The Travelogue of A Book Addict


1. Can you give us a few general details about yourself? (e.g. where you're from, your age, what you had for breakfast, etc.)
 
I am from India and I will be 28 in October! I am a boring clerk by day and a voracious reader by night. I am a closet writer. I dabble in poetry, stories and other abstract pieces. If you want to know what I had for breakfast, you have to be familiar with Indian cooking. I love chapathis best. I can read slowly or fast depending on my mood. I love mathematics and arts. I am contradictory in nature! I love learning new languages. I love playing Rummy ( the card game).   
 
**********
 
2. Share a little something about yourself that not a lot of people know. (e.g. you can stand on your head for 10 hours, etc.)
 
Now this is a difficult question.. lol.. I am usually pretty transparent. Hmm.. Let me think on it. I love cooking. Most don't know that because I rarely cook. I know, I told you I am contradictory. I love cooking for others but not for self.
 
**********
 
3. What got you into reading?
 
Ah that's a little anecdote of sorts. I started my blog with the first post being about my introduction to reading. In short, it was my brother and my curiosity. I have to thank them for getting me to read. And I had to have a companion in my younger years so it has been a good partnership with books. I think I have been reading for 20 years or so.. 
 
**********
 
4. What genre interests you the most? Why?
 
My favourites are Fantasy - I love new worlds imagined by people, Romance - I am a secret romantic!, Time Travel - I love the mind boggling idea of traveling through time especially to the past, Young Adult - I am a kid at heart and always will be!, Paranormal - I for some reason love werewolves among other paranormals. And I am always interested in trying out new books and genres!
 
**********
 
5. What's your biggest peeve when reading a book? One that turns you off instantly.
 
Self pity. What I call the "Why me?" syndrome. Weakness. I hate weakness in the main protagonist without reason.
 
**********
 
6. What made you decide to be a blogger?
 
I had to have a place where I can talk about my thoughts and feelings on a book and to catalogue the books I have read so far because I constantly forget book names and authors. I remember the story only so I thought it will be easier to search for a reread if I had a list. And I thought that if that would help the authors, more the reason to start a blog!
 
**********
 
7. Am I annoying you with my questions yet? 
 
No! I love Q&A!.. Haha I am the Queen of Qs.. 
 
**********
 
8. What is the best thing about being a blogger?
 
Best thing is the vast number of books, authors and even genres you discover while blogging. I have read more new authors since I started blogging and nothing compares with that. Other than that, chatting with others about books and meeting authors. Ooo I love that part and the authors I have corresponded with have been amazing. I wish I could do more for each one of them.
 
**********
 
9. Can you give a list of books that you strongly recommend to everyone out there? 
 
Books are always dependant on personal likes so I wouldn't strongly recommend any book. But I can always put forth a book I have read and liked. Few of them are Swiss Family Robinson, The Secret and The Diary of Anne Frank.
 
**********
 
10. Is there anything you want to say or share with people reading this? Some advice for people who are thinking of blogging perhaps?
 
I always say that if you are going to blog, do it with your entire heart and not half heartedly. And not to get discouraged because being a blogger means you would want people to read your thoughts at the end of the day. Have fun with blogging and don't ever turn it into  routine work.
 I truly have experienced that books are the real companions of life. And I hope others do too...
 
**********
 
Do visit Floryie's blog everybody. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me, Ara. I loved the Q&A session :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun too! Thanks so much for being a part of my blog!! :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.