Liebster Award Nominee!!


 
Aneesa of A Book Lover sent me a message a couple of days ago declaring that I was nominated (by her) for the Liebster Award. What was the first thing I did? 


Yep. I Googled what a Liebster Award was. Please don't hate me!!


I know, I know! I'm a blogger and yet I don't know what that was. In my defense, I've only been blogging for about half a year. Okay, not an excuse, but moving on from that...I AM NOMINATED. I may not win anything, but I will forever have this as a bragging right. 


Okay, so this is how it's going to go...

The Rules:

1. Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you. Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.

2. Nominate 10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.

3. Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.

4. Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make ten questions of your own for your nominees.

5. Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
******
**********
The rules have been stated, now it shall be done. 

First of all, thanks so much Aneesa for nominating me for such a wonderful award. I have never experienced something like this before, and my naivete shows on the messages I've sent her. I don't think I've annoyed her...yet. I really want to hang on to my blogger friends. #clingy

Speaking of which, here are my own nominees: 

1. First I nominate the person who nominated me, Aneesa of A Book Lover!
2. Next, Floryie of The Travelogue of A Book Addict. (she also did a guest post here, so you might want to check that out too.)
3. Claudia Victoria of Pen Markings
4. Michelle Huot of Limitless Literature
5. Danielle Smith of Reading, Writing, and What Not
6. Cayt Landis of Vicarious Caytastrophe
7. Geentanjali of Musings of a Bibliophile
8. Melissa of Around the World in Books

Yes, they all have less than 200 followers -- like me!

Here are my answers to the questions tagged to me:

1. What is your favourite series and why?
Where to begin? Hmm, okay. Harry Potter series because it's what got me into reading in the first place, Ruthless People trilogy by J.J. McAvoy, Sherlock Holmes, The Beautiful Series...oh okay, the Twilight Saga, Tangled series, Descent series, and I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting so I'll just update this once I remember what they are. (So much for being my favorites.)

2. What is about books that you love the most?
I love having the chance to be in a different world, with characters that I love, and stories I become a part of. I can get lost in a whole other dimension and pretend that I'm living another person's life so easily it's almost scary. That is what I love most about books.

3. What do you look for when you are finding a new book to read?
At first glance I judge a book by its blurb, reviews, and cover. Yes I judge a book by its cover, do we have a problem with that?

4. Do you read specific categories? Or are you open to any?
I'm pretty much open to all genres, but I still lean towards books with romance in them. What can I say, I'm a hopeless romantic. I also like those with kickass women in them. I am a tough chick after all.

5. Do you have a favourite character? If so, why?
Yikes! TOO HARD! I have so many favorite characters that I can't possibly list them all.

6. If you had to describe one book in just one word, what would it be and why?
I'm currently reading Dire Blood by SM Reine, and I'd describe it as...COMPLICATED.

7. Do you have any favourite Authors?
I do. Am I going to mention them? No I won't. Like the favorite character, I can't simply list down the names of people who have welcomed me in their worlds with arms wide open. That is betrayal.

8. What book would you recommend to read?
Oh gosh. There are simply too many! It would also depend on who I'm recommending a book to. Of course I'm gonna have to base my suggestions on their particular tastes in books. But I think I can drop a few titles no matter what genre a reader likes. They'll just have to ask me first. *wink*

9. Have you ever read any book that has affected you on a personal or emotional level?
Emotionally, I think 90% of the books I've read affected me in some way. That's why I liked them. But on a personal level...I'll get back to this one. I can't seem to remember the titles.

10. Do you prefer e books or paperbacks?
I would very much prefer to have paperbacks. Unfortunately, my choices wouldn't be as limitless as those in ebook format, especially books by authors that have not been established yet. So...I'd say I have mixed feelings about this.
*******
**********
I seem to have very lame answers and I apologize for that. I promise I'll update this once I can think of better answers.

Here are my questions:

1. Do you prefer a book that is written in third person, or one that is written in POVs?
2. Do reviews have an impact on your book purchases?
3. What made you want to be a blogger?
4. If given the chance, would you like to meet in person the bloggers you've had the chance to interact with? Why or why not?
5. What are your biggest book no-nos?
6. Who is (or are) your book boyfriend(s)? Why them?
7. What is your record for longest time without putting down your book/ereader? (meaning no sleep, no breaks except for bathroom ones and eating, no work stuff)
8. Aside from reading, what are your other hobbies?
9. Would you like to be an author someday? If yes, what genre would you specalize in?
10. What advice can you share to fellow bloggers?

Alright, I hope my questions made sense and are interesting enough. I look forward to more blogging nominations or awards in the future.
 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.